The Marble Pavilions, locally known as Baradari, were erected by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan in AD 1637 over a large embankment of Anasagar Bund of Arnoraja (AD 1135-50), the grandfather of Prithviraj Chauhan. There are five pavilions and a hamam (royal bath). The third pavilion is the largest and built on the pattern of diwan-e-khas (private audience hall) in Red Fort, Delhi. The ground below the embankment known as Daulat Bagh lay out by Jahangir (AD 1605-28) which formed a royal pleasure garden of the Mughal emperors. During British time, these pavilions were used as dwelling house of the Commissioner of Ajmer and his officers with additions and alterations. These structures were restored in its original condition by dismantling and removing the additional constructions, etc.