The magazine building also known as Akbar's Palace is built by Akbar in A.D. 1570. Akbar used to stay here during visit to Dargah of Khwaza Saheb. Later on, it was taken over by the Britishers from Marathas in A.D. 1818 and was used as arsenal ground. Thereafter this building was known as Magazine building. This palatial biulding was also used as embassy building of Sir Thomas Reo, who presented his credentials to Jahagir on tenth January, A.D. 1616. In the year A.D. 1908. it was converted into Rajputana Museum.
The building is rectangular on plan and has enclosure wall which is strenghened by four octagonal bastions on the four corners. It is entered through a double storied lofty arched enterence from the west. In the centre, there is a rectangular chamber with four square rooms on the four corners. The lofty facade of the openings are beautifully decorated with arched jali work. The building has series of cells in three sides now being used for displaing the Musuem objects.